Island Information and Technology started in 1959 when Island Oil Company (former name) was established to engage in oil exploration, mineral developments, and its distribution. In 1981, the management shifted its core business to mining after incurring huge losses in oil operations due to low and irregular output.
Based in Isabela, Island Information and Technology, Inc. produced copper ore and chromite and exported it to Japan and Korea. After several years, the increasing costs of operations, fluctuating price of metals in the world market, and deteriorating peace and order situation severely affected the mining operations of IS. Thus, the management decided to suspend its operations on November 28, 1981.
In 2000, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) approved company's corporate name, and the change in its primary purpose to information technology. On April 4, 2005, SEC approved the company’s primary and secondary purposes which are to provide cargo container management and integrated logistics services. Moreover, its secondary purpose is the provision of information technology services.